You may or may not be a fitness freak, but if you practically live in your track pants and running shoes, well you know it, your style is sporty. With new kinds of adventure sports, aerobics and other fitness activities up for experimentation, it’s hard not to have sporty elements in a wardrobe.
But if you’ve always got sports on your mind, it will show on what you wear. And what’s not to love about it? After all, there was even a Spice Girl bessotted by the sporty style!
Sporty style and fitness go hand in hand. Salman Khan is seen in muscle tees and and sweatpants regularly. After all, you don’t get that body without hours of working out every day!
Marathon regulars Gul Panag, Milind Soman and Rahul Bose (also a professional rugby player) take fitness and therefore, their sports gear very seriously. While they wear running shorts and t-shirts during marathons, their athletic style transcends other public appearances as well.
While Kareena Kapoor likes to travel in a comfortable tee and leggings, Ameesha Patel turns her gym gear into every day wear. Priyanka Chopra defines sporty chic with her stylish jersey dress. Ashton Kutcher, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Lopez and rapper Sean P Diddy Combs can often be seen going out in relaxed sweatpants.
The stars go ahead to prove that once you get used to comfortable sportswear, it is not easy to give up, whether it is for lounging around or even public events!
To make sure sporty doesn’t turn sloppy, always pay attention to fit and co-ordination. While a good pair of track pants can take you through a busy day; waking up, working and sleeping in the same pair is bound to make you appear shabby. Girls, sporty doesn’t mean tomboyish. Take a cue from Rihanna, who mixes it up with hot red lips and nails for that sexy twist on sporty. Now that’s some sporty chic, isn’t it?
You are a sporty dresser if:
- For you, comfort comes first while dressing up.
- Your idea of a fun weekend is a trekking trip or a good cricket / tennis match.
- You’d rather spend two hours at the gym or running in the park every day than go on a diet.
- Your idea of “lounge wear” is a comfortable pair of track pants or shorts and a tee.
- When you shop, you can’t look beyond the sports brands.
- You proudly wear the jersey of your favourite football / cricket team when their match is on.
- You love everything that stretches, has mesh or is waterproof.
IMAGE CREDITS: Huffingtonpost, Ranqer, Missmalini, Indiatalkies, Indiatimes, Concretelook, Liveindia, Highheelconfidential, Memsaab, Fashionbombdaily, Bohomoth